Saturday, June 22, 2013

A note about pictures...

If the name of the blog is "The Cars of Ralph," I suppose we can't wait too long to get started on the topic at hand. But first, an excuse explanation:

My father was a photography nutNikons, Hasselblads, dark rooms, dangerous chemicals, the whole thing. As a young man after WWII he worked at a photography store in Oakland, CA where Ansel Adams bought some of his equipment. Dad even went on a photo trip to Yosemite with Adams!

Needless to say I was hounded as a child to have my picture taken and as a result grew up desperately avoiding cameras. I became good at it.


Hurricane Fran - September 1996
And then came September of 1996. Hurricane Fran hit North Carolina with a fury, killing 27 people and destroying billions of dollars in property. My losses were minor; a storage shed I rented was flooded and the contents destroyed. But one of those boxes contained most of the few photos I had from college and my years in the Army.

So, while I will use actual images of my own cars whenever possible, mostly after '96, many of the early cars will be represented with images as close to my recollection as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment