Sunday, March 30, 2014

Herzlichen glückwunsch zum geburtstag GTI!

As I have related, I loved my 1984 GTI, roll up windows, 100 horsepower, blue velour interior, and all. There was just something intrinsically right about the first generation of GTIs. Somewhat surprisingly Volkswagen has stayed fairly true to that idea through to the latest generation.

This week marks the 40th anniversary of the GTI. Who knows what the 80th anniversary GTI will look like, or be powered by. What I do know is that it will be fast, fun to drive, and I will want one.

Speedmonkey in the UK has a great retrospective. If you are like me, this will bring back a lot of memories... all of them good.

OK, maybe except how I left mine shattered on a Danish highway. Riding away in the ambulance, I apologized. And I still feel bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment